Monday, September 14, 2009

2009

Before I copy and paste the post I have here, I want to let those of you know that I WILL be updating my website as soon as I purchase the new version of Adobe Dreamweaver. That should happen in about a month or so. My apologies but money has been tighter than usual as of late.

Onto the post:

Only a few months left until it is over and I am hearing a lot of people talking about it. It's definitely been an important year for me - I didn't say good or bad, I said important.

- I turned 40 years old. I don't look nor act it which I sometimes think is good, though I sort of feel like I need to be making a lot more money than I am. A 40 year old is supposed to be financially independent to some extent, shouldn't she?

- On that note, I can't help but wonder what would happen if, God forbid, The Husband couldn't work anymore, of is he goes before I do. I certainly could not take on the financial burden of a house in my current economic state. His response to that is that he is going to live forever. I do love that man.

- I've lost almost 100 pounds. That is a change all on its own. yes, I have more energy. Yes, I can fit into smaller sized clothing, which in itself is good because I have cuter options. I still don't get it though. I look in the mirror and I have no idea WHO I am looking at most of the time.

- The Weight Loss has affected my art positively. No longer is my work about society's idea of beauty, and body image. I have been able to move on from that topic since I feel it is somewhat resolved (I mean in my work).

- This was THE year that The Husband and I went in circles over the idea of having a child. It was probably one of the more important decisions we've had to make. Without getting into the whole reason, we've decided it best to just have our four-legged ones and not introduce another human into this world.

- And most recently, the death of my father. That change is still happening. I think back on my father though and have made some realizations.I guess I will just have to wait and see how much of his death changes the course of my life, if at all.

These days have left me with a feeling of malaise. I don't have the desire to do a whole lot outside of work and housework, which are obligations. I wouldn't go as far to say it's depression, but there is definitely a drained feeling. The one thing that makes me feel alive is the Autumn season coming upon us. It is my favorite time of year. I love the smell of the leaves, the early morning sun and the crisp coolness in the air. I also have to mention the love of not having the neighborhood children around as they go back to school!

I hope to return to the body of work in progress shortly. In the meantime, I have a title for the series - "We're Not in Wonderland Anymore".
Post a Comment