Sunday, September 6, 2009

Nicholas Tornabene - R.I.P.

My father has passed away. He had been ill for quite some time. Well, he's been tormented all of his 72 years...He was physically abused, verbally abused and suffered with paranoid schizophrenia. He tried to be a father to the 3 of us, but wasn't truly capable of that. I didn't have much of a relationship with him, though I wish I had. He had an artistic side that was never nurtured. He did have kindness in him and I know my love for animals came from him.

He died in his sleep, though I don't believe it was peaceful. He was peaceful, however, when I saw him in the casket and I know he was at peace when he was laid to rest in the cemetery. While the priest was reciting the last prayers there, a strong breeze overcame us. I truly believe it was caused by the great wingspan of the angels flying over to collect his spirit and take him up to the Heavens.

I honestly didn't think his death was going to affect me as it has but it made me realize that deep inside, I did have love for this man.

Daddy, you can now be at peace.

Post a Comment