Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 3

I woke this morning feeling quite ill but luckily it faded a bit early on. I managed to get a few image transfers started. At lunch, I was invited to the staff meeting that included pizza and salad. Apparently the director of the arts council had no idea what kind of work I did.

Ooooookkkkkkkkk.....

I was under the assumption that since I was invited by the program coordinator to do this because she loved my work, that everyone at the council felt that way. It turned out that only the director didn't know my work. I talked a little bit about it. I then sat through an hour of their meeting that I felt would be rude if I just got up and left. I was bored to tears though....

Went into town to run a few more errands and agreed to myself that I would not spend another dime while I was out here. I printed out new promo cards, since I had the advantage of their inkjet printer. I was also able to hang one of my pieces in their gallery with a sign announcing my show. I was very happy about that!

Afterward, I continued working on my transfers while I sorted out my models for tomorrow's photo shoot. That will be an all-afternoon fun fest!

I admit that I am lonely. I was hoping to get together with friends out here that I hadn't seen in years but that didn't quite work out. I was also hoping I had more energy to want to see people, but in reality, I just want to be home with my husband and pets.

I am grateful for the time off but I don't feel like I am accomplishing all that much, artistically. I think part of it is that it is only a week. It's tough to get a whole lot done, especially when other things had to get done (putting up a show, preparing for an art talk and interacting with the arts council). So far, the horse experience is what's made this trip, I hope tomorrow's shoot and Saturday's talk are good enough to make the trip even more worthwhile...
Post a Comment