Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Kind of Malaise

I need to get out there again. The desire is getting strong which is a wonderful thing. I was beginning to get scared that new ideas wouldn't come...I still don't know if I have anything concrete in my head but there are snippets of images I can see and I know that if I start shooting, some sort of flow has to take place. I have been creating illustrations and have to say I am bored to tears by them. I suppose I now know that it is not my calling. I made a couple of paintings and may even have an idea for a series of self-portrait ones but I want my camera back.

It's still cold even with the more milder days we've had. The chill in my body doesn't want to leave. I've seen people walking around with light jackets on, yet I am still in my winter coat with gloves and scarf. Will I ever get warm? I want to go back to the Delaware Water Gap. That place was so magical when I went there over 10 years ago. I am sure things have changed - as they should - I have changed so it will be interesting to revisit. When the weather does reach a level I can live with, I will plan a trip for it.

In the meantime, I will try to focus and write down the ideas I have. I know that I set up this blog to share things like that but some things I would rather keep to myself. My hand-written journals mean a lot to me so I keep them sacred.

It's 7:46am and I finally see some sun peeking through my window.
Post a Comment