Sunday, August 17, 2014

Recovering and a thought

It's been almost 10 days since getting back from my Europe trip and what a whirlwind of emotions and actions that have begun to take place. I am trying to work on creating new pieces for the conclusion of The Divine Journey series and I'm grateful that I have until May of next year to complete the book.

However, there is something I need to post here:  I've learned over the course of some months...I have had this blog since 2007 and though I've posted infrequently, and almost always about art, very few people have ever taken an interest in it. Suddenly, in recent months, more and more people are talking about it, possibly because my personal life, to them is much more important than my art....

I didn't set out to create this blog for airing my personal life, but since many times my personal life is interspersed with my art, I imagine it coming up from time to time. And since this is indeed a public forum, it has the chance of being read by anyone and everyone.

Such is the life of a blogger, I suppose. But like anything else in the public eye - if you don't like what you are reading, don't read it. If you do not like my art and what it stands for, don't look at it. For me to have to censor myself about me and my life for the sake of someone else's feelings means I'm not being honest with me. Having said that, I have not once slandered anyone, set out to hurt or embarrass anyone, nor have I ever brought the unwanted attention (if at all) in the public eye about any one ...well, ok, Damien Hirst needs a few words said about him but then again, who hasn't done that already?

I consider myself a good and decent person, trying to figure out herself, her art and her life and I have chosen a public forum in which to do that. Some don't agree with it but it's what I've chosen. When I write a post, I keep in mind exactly what I'm writing and know well that there might be some repercussions....and well that's part of it all, isn't it?

So to those of you that are suddenly interested in my blog - excellent and thank you very much.  I'm very happy and grateful that I have your attention and maybe you'll appreciate what I'm posting here without judgement. And if you care to judge me and what I write here, well, that's too bad because not one of you is above me and all have faults and flaws of your own. We all have our lives that we need to live through and most of us are far from perfect and none pious.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming and a new image to share:
This was taken at the Certosa di Bologna in Italy and am very thankful to have received written permission from the certosa to do this. I am pleased with this outcome. :)

Post a Comment