Friday, October 31, 2014

Heroes....

The last few months have been stressful to say the least. Plans are set in motion with my move, though and I finally have some space (and peace) in my mind to think about other things, including working on my art again. Before I post a few of my latest pieces, I want to take a moment to reflect on another personal thought. I have, consciously or subconsciously, been seeking out male role models my whole life. My maternal grandfather was the closest I had to this when I was a young girl, as my father wasn't emotionally available to me due to his mental illness. As years went on, I looked for men that were teachers, handymen and ones who were strong in some other way. I rarely found ones that stayed in my life, though, but now there are a few that I found that have this inner strength, and I believe they are in my life permanently (one HAS been in my life for over 15 years). They have taught me that I could be strong and do anything, and are also strong for me when I can not be. They give me support, unconditional love and constantly remind me of this with their words and their actions. And all I can do is the same in return. I hope I do that.

This piece that I created a few days ago, is dedicated to them (three men in particular). It is yet untitled.


And here are two other images that are new. "Crown of Thorns" and "Three Graces 2014" respectively. Soon, I hope to finish the Divine Journey series and start the editing process and layout of the book. 2015 will be a bit unstable in some ways but I have my "rocks" in place. Those I can depend on.





Post a Comment