Friday, March 20, 2015

I love gardens and parks

And who doesn't? Les Jardins du Luxembourg is quite lovely off-season so there were not as many people around. I saw a few tourist groups and groups of older people doing slow-movement martial arts type of things, which I thought was a little funny, but the air was very open and I was able to stroll around without feeling rushed or annoyed.

It was a little overcast but the weather was warm. Spring has arrived and I had to take advantage of it. I realize the parks are one of the few places that I truly enjoy spending time alone in. I should rephrase that - certain parks anyway. There are ones that are romantic and quiet that are ideal for a picnic, walk or just quality time with your beloved, but I didn't see Luxembourg as that type of park. (Parc de Sceaux is more like that even if it's massive).

 I photographed a bit and I always remember when I do that, shoot subjects other than myself, the process is so very different. I search more for different angles and compositions, my eye moves around the viewfinder eagerly looking for secrets and hidden gems that I don't see what my naked eye. And what I always have loved about parks are the surprises you find around corners, when you explore at your own pace. La Fontaine des Medicis was one such gem that I must return to for a future shoot.




Next week, I will be off to Parc Monceau for more shooting and though I still have no idea what my next photographic project will be, I am back to enjoying the active process of shooting.

And I have to say it again. I am lucky. I am blessed. I found my true home here in all of my surroundings from my suburban life in Massy to the arrondissements of Paris. I don't see myself ever tiring of it and with my one true soulmate at my side, I can say without hesitation, I am truly happy.




























Post a Comment